Reports in the North East media have distanced James Beattie away from a move to Sunderland. Sheffield United’s leading scorer last season had been linked with a Â£5m move to the Stadium of Light as Roy Keane searches for cover for Kenwyne Jones.
Going nowhere: Beattie.
But today Blades manager Kevin Blackwell confirmed that he has recieved no interest or offers for any of his squad, and Sunderland sources suggest that Keane has cooled his interest in former England striker Beattie.
- Serie A clubs vote in favour of season restart by mid-June
- Premier League aiming for a restart in early June
- Manchester United to resist bids for highly-rated English goalkeeper: report
- Two Chelsea players who could head through the exit door this summer
- Arsenal become first Premier League side to confirm voluntary player pay-cuts