Kevin Blackwell has expressed his ‘delight’ at the signing of Darius Henderson from Watford, who joins Sheffield United in a Â£2m deal.
“This is a terrific deal and Darius is the right player for the Blades, he fits the bill in every way. He is a hard worker, strong, takes knocks, never moans and that is what Sheffield United fans expect,” Blackwell told the club’s official website.
Blackwell: ‘Delighted’ to capture Henderson
“Darius isn’t a big lump who sits up there who you smash the ball up to, he has the ability to hold ball up in the last third and get people running off him, which is what I want.”
Henderson’s signing will also provide competition for James Beattie as the club’s number one striker. Beattie is expected to miss the first game of the Championship season, away to Birmingham City, with the calf complaint that has kept him out of the club’s pre-season preperations.
- Serie A clubs vote in favour of season restart by mid-June
- Premier League aiming for a restart in early June
- Manchester United to resist bids for highly-rated English goalkeeper: report
- Two Chelsea players who could head through the exit door this summer
- Arsenal become first Premier League side to confirm voluntary player pay-cuts