Incredible drama in Zurich with Italy’s Gianluigi Buffon saving the world champions from being dumped out on Euro 2008 by Romania. Christian Panucci pulled down Daniel Niculae in the box and Adrian Mutu who had already scored for his team had his penalty saved, as Buffon went the right way and manages to get a hand and leg to the poweful shot.
Mutu put Romania ahead after a mix up in the Italian defence only for Panucci to equalise barely a minute later. Both teams are still in the tournament, Italy will be relieved after a scare and Romania disappointed, they might just have missed their chance, Mutu seemed to know that as he struggled to hold back tears as he was substituted near the end.
- Serie A clubs vote in favour of season restart by mid-June
- Premier League aiming for a restart in early June
- Manchester United to resist bids for highly-rated English goalkeeper: report
- Two Chelsea players who could head through the exit door this summer
- Arsenal become first Premier League side to confirm voluntary player pay-cuts