BARCLAYS PREMIER LEAGUE
Venue: Stamford Bridge Date: 15:00 ,Saturday 6 October
John Terry is again available for Chelsea, as he still has the right to appeal his 4 match ban, and could be recalled by Roberto Di Matteo after he was benched in The Blues’ 4-0 win away to Nordjaelland. Meanwhile Daniel Sturridge remains sidelined.
Norwich are set to welcome Sebastien Bassong back into the mix after the defender recovered from a hamstring injury suffered in The Canaries 5-2 loss to Liverpool. The team from Norfolk are also monitoring Anthony Pilkington’s back problem.
Chelsea are flying high at the moment. They got a crucial win away to Arsenal last weekend and I expect their winning streak to continue against struggling Norwich today.
The Blues have been exceptional up to this point. Fernando Torres is almost certainly back, and all of Chelsea’s attacking midfielders are getting plenty of the ball and playing with confidence.
However for Norwich It’s been the complete opposite. They lie 18th in the Premier League without a win and have only 4 goals. Earlier in the season they picked up a well deserved draw at White Hart Line, but that’s the best it’s got for Chris Hughton’s boys and I don’t expect that to change today.
- Chelsea are unbeaten in seven games in all competitions against the Canaries.
- Chris Hughton and Roberto di Matteo have met just once before as managers. In December 2010 Di Matteo’s West Brom beat Hughton’s Newcastle 3-1. Hughton was sacked after that game.
- Chelsea have conceded just three goals in the Premier League this season, fewer than any other club.
- Fernando Torres’s strike against Arsenal last week was his 75th goal in 154 Premier League appearances – he scored a total of 75 goals in 174 appearances in La Liga.
- Roberto di Matteo’s side are the only team in the Premier League yet to concede a second half goal this season.
- Frank Lampard has played 283 minutes of Premier League football in six matches under Roberto di Matteo this season. He played 405 minutes in the first six matches under Andre Villas Boas last season.
- Norwich have won just one of their last 11 Premier League matches (W1 D4 L6) and are without a victory this season.
- The Canaries’ tally of four Premier League goals is the joint-lowest in the division with QPR.
- They have won just one of their last nine Premier League away games (W1 D2 L6) – a 2-1 win at Spurs in April.
- Norwich have conceded in each of their last 36 Premier League away games, a record in the division.
Chelsea have been the best team in the Premier League this year. They’re playing great football and they’re winning matches. Norwich have been playing pretty poorly and I don’t think that they can shock Chelsea at The Bridge.
Chelsea 4-1 Norwich
- Serie A clubs vote in favour of season restart by mid-June
- Premier League aiming for a restart in early June
- Manchester United to resist bids for highly-rated English goalkeeper: report
- Two Chelsea players who could head through the exit door this summer
- Arsenal become first Premier League side to confirm voluntary player pay-cuts