While some say that he is happy at Madrid, others are well convinced that he will leave the club in June.
Cristiano Ronaldo has been accused of wanting individual trophies and a higher salary (currently earning €11m). However Spanish newspaper Marca claim that President Florentino Perez has decided to undertake a fundamental plan of action in order to keep Cristiano at the club extending his contract deal till 2017.
According to Marca, when the club President Perez had a meeting with Cristiano and his agent Jorge Mendes, the club were convinced that Cristiano and his agent were hiding a multi-million offer from Russian moneybags Anzhi and Paris based club PSG.
These rumours however have been dismissed by club manager Jose Mourinho stating that Cristiano will not leave Real Madrid and that he is happy where he is.
- Serie A clubs vote in favour of season restart by mid-June
- Premier League aiming for a restart in early June
- Manchester United to resist bids for highly-rated English goalkeeper: report
- Two Chelsea players who could head through the exit door this summer
- Arsenal become first Premier League side to confirm voluntary player pay-cuts