This Saturday Chelsea will face Everton at Stamford Bridge while looking to increase their lead 5 points at least until Man Utd face Aston Villa. Carlo Ancelotti determined to have all 3 points to keep their lead the top of the table. They are going into this match on the back of a defeat at Carling cup defeat on penalties last Wednesday, a 2-1 defeat at Manchester city last weekend and then a 2-2 draw against APOEL in midweek. A win against a struggling Everton could well put Chelsea back to their winning ways. Midfielder Essien was injured in the Champions League midweek game so he will be sidelined for the next 4 weeks but apart from that Chelsea have no fresh injury worries.
Above: Petr Cech throws the ball to his teammates during champions league draw against APOEL.
- Serie A clubs vote in favour of season restart by mid-June
- Premier League aiming for a restart in early June
- Manchester United to resist bids for highly-rated English goalkeeper: report
- Two Chelsea players who could head through the exit door this summer
- Arsenal become first Premier League side to confirm voluntary player pay-cuts