Whilst the majority of the Dagenham & Redbridge forum voted for Sam Saunders to be the Daggers player of the month, Chris Kamara and the panel decided that Solomon Taiwo had earnt the right to be crowned League 2 Player of the Month.
The award caps a remarkable rise for Taiwo who was on the verge on quitting the game around this time last season. Thinking he was never going to get a break in football, John Still snapped up the young central midfielder and gave him his chance in the JPT game against Leyton Orient. After impressing Taiwo signed for the club but two successive sending offs seemed to move him way down the pecking order. However with Glen Southam out of favour this season, Taiwo has taken his chance and firmly cemented his place within the Daggers starting XI.
- Serie A clubs vote in favour of season restart by mid-June
- Premier League aiming for a restart in early June
- Manchester United to resist bids for highly-rated English goalkeeper: report
- Two Chelsea players who could head through the exit door this summer
- Arsenal become first Premier League side to confirm voluntary player pay-cuts