Poland are due to make their first appearance at the European Championships this summer in Austria and Switzerland, coach Leo Beenhakker is said to be worried about how the national corruption scandal in Poland’s domestic league is effecting his teams morale as they prepare for Euro 2008.
Match-fixing scandals have crashed through the game in Poland; Players, officials and referees have been indictments with twenty nine of the thirty four 1st and 2nd division clubs have been caught up in the ongoing investigation, with so far four 1st division sides and two second division clubs punished with relegation.
- Serie A clubs vote in favour of season restart by mid-June
- Premier League aiming for a restart in early June
- Manchester United to resist bids for highly-rated English goalkeeper: report
- Two Chelsea players who could head through the exit door this summer
- Arsenal become first Premier League side to confirm voluntary player pay-cuts