Freddie Ljungberg spoke of his determination to be fit for the start of Euro 2008, he suffered a rib injury in West Ham’s 2-2 draw with Newcastle.
Newcastle defender Steven Taylor inadvertently stamped on Ljungberg’s chest, and the midfieler went off in the 21st minute with a suspected cracked rib.
Set to be sidelined for three to four weeks, Ljungberg was out for the rest of the Premier League season, but desperate to play a full part for his country in Austria and Switzerland this summer.
- Serie A clubs vote in favour of season restart by mid-June
- Premier League aiming for a restart in early June
- Manchester United to resist bids for highly-rated English goalkeeper: report
- Two Chelsea players who could head through the exit door this summer
- Arsenal become first Premier League side to confirm voluntary player pay-cuts