Sir Alex Ferguson has announced that Rio Ferdinand is a major doubt for the Super-Sunday match against Liverpool. The 1.92 metre centre-back is suffering from a back problem and was absent from the match against Bolton in midweek. Sir Alex has shown his strong belief in the young players coming up the ranks at Man Utd. Gerard Pique was given another chance to impress, playing alongside the Serbian Nemanja Vidic in the match against Bolton. Ferguson did not exclude the possibility of playing Pique against Liverpool, saying that he has â€œgreat confidence in the ladâ€.
Pique has proved that he has the potential to be a top defender in the future. This season, he was fielded twice in the Man Utd Champions League group stage. On the 7th November, he scored Manchester Unitedâ€™s first goal against Dynamo Kyiv. He scored again in Man Utdâ€™s last group stage match against Roma on the 12th December. It is important that he repays the trust that Fergie is putting in him, and this he can do by performing exceptionally against Liverpool, if the boss decides to field him. Â
- Three things we learned from Manchester United’s win at Brighton & Hove Albion
- Barcelona midfielder Arthur signs five-year contract with Juventus
- Former Arsenal star advises Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang to leave the Gunners
- Everton and Liverpool Play Out a Goalless Snooze-fest at Goodison Park
- Valiant Villa Succumb to Chelsea’s Constant Pressure