18 year old Norwegian Mats Moller Daehli who signed for Cardiff just a few days ago from Molde has claimed that he turned down a move to Manchester United to play for Cardiff under fellow Norwegian Solskjaer.
The Norwegian who has been capped twice by Norway was apart of United’s youth team and was then signed to Molde under Solskjaer when he managed the Norwegian team.
Here’s what the Cardiff manager had to say after the 2-0 loss against West Ham yesterday. “He (Daehli) had talks with United, they had the option to bring him back as part of the deal with Molde but he has decided to come here and that shows his desire to do well here.”
The young 18 year old had these words to say after signing for Cardiff. “Of course it was difficult to say no to Manchester United, I had good years there but I wanted to play for this manager. He said he wanted to take me here. I am delighted to sign and I want to help the team.”
Daehli could be a great signing for Solskjaer if he can reach his full potential. The midfielder will be looking to help his side survive the premier league season.
- Arsenal 1-1 Leicester City: Three things we learned
- Why Does Nobody Care About Tranmere?
- Three things we learned from Manchester United’s win at Brighton & Hove Albion
- Barcelona midfielder Arthur signs five-year contract with Juventus
- Former Arsenal star advises Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang to leave the Gunners