Villa again continue to be linked with a host of goalkeepers after the departure of Thomas Sorenson and the loan deal of Scott Carson coming to an end.
American keeper Brad Guzan who agreed a Â£2m pound deal in January seems to remain a target as does former Villa youth keeper Boaz Myhill, now at Hull City and nearing becoming a Premiership keeper.
Carson is still being linked, however the Gareth Barry to Liverpool transfer saga will not be earning Marin O’Neill any favours from the Anfield club.
The one man not being linked to Villa is Bolton keeper Jussi Jaaskelainen.
The 31 year old Finland international is out of contract this summer and is at an age when it considered goalkeeper’s are reaching their peak. He has played 345 times for Bolton, helping them qualify for Europe under Sam Allardyce.
He would be the one I would like to see at Villa Park with Guzan becoming number 2.
However if Villa want to sign Guzan, they should try to do it soon, as a good goalkeeping display at Wembley next week for USA will increase his stock value ten-fold.
- Serie A clubs vote in favour of season restart by mid-June
- Premier League aiming for a restart in early June
- Manchester United to resist bids for highly-rated English goalkeeper: report
- Two Chelsea players who could head through the exit door this summer
- Arsenal become first Premier League side to confirm voluntary player pay-cuts