Poland have exited the 2008 Euro after suffering a 1-0 loss to a weakened Croatia. Poland went into the match needing to win and have Austria upset one of the tournament favourates Germany. This was always looking unlikely but you never know in sport. The Germans defeated Austria 1-0 with Ballack scoring a cracker of a free kick to end Austria and Polish hopes.
The match began with Croatia attacking heavily with Artur Boruc pulling off brillient saves to keep the score 0-0 at half time. This was against a Croatia team which had made 9 changes from their previous match.
The second half began once again with Croatia on the front foot this time they scored, the scorer was Klasnic in the 52 minute. Klasnic has recently undergone 2 kidney transplants.
Poland never really looked dangerous during the game their only real chances came at the start when they missed some headers.
- Serie A clubs vote in favour of season restart by mid-June
- Premier League aiming for a restart in early June
- Manchester United to resist bids for highly-rated English goalkeeper: report
- Two Chelsea players who could head through the exit door this summer
- Arsenal become first Premier League side to confirm voluntary player pay-cuts