Karel Bruckner the manager of the Czech national team is said to be in talks with Juventus midfielder Pavel Nedved about getting him back in to the team for the European Championships this summer. Nedved ended his international career after the 2006 World Cup in Germany, but pressure is growing for the 2003 European Footballer of the Year to make a comeback at Euro 2008.
Chelsea and Czech Republic goalkeeper Petr Cech told the Dnes newspaper: “Pavel is part of the team, he’s always made an important contribution to it. We’re in real need of a player with such experience and blessed with such skills. Nedved has 18 goals from 91 caps to in internationals for the Republic.
- Serie A clubs vote in favour of season restart by mid-June
- Premier League aiming for a restart in early June
- Manchester United to resist bids for highly-rated English goalkeeper: report
- Two Chelsea players who could head through the exit door this summer
- Arsenal become first Premier League side to confirm voluntary player pay-cuts