Hearts yesterday confirmed the signing of Ugandan international David Obua, subject to a work permit and medical. The 22 time capped international was a free agent after his contract ran out at South African side Kaiser Chiefs, can play at either left-back or left midfield and knows manager Csaba Laszlo from the Hungarian’s time as Uganda boss.
Obua, who recently had a trial at West Ham United, will join the 24 players already picked for the pre-season tour of Germany, who flew out yesterday. He is 24 years of age and had spells playing in his homeland, the USA and Mauritius before he signed for Kaiser Chiefs.
- Three things we learned from Manchester United’s win at Brighton & Hove Albion
- Barcelona midfielder Arthur signs five-year contract with Juventus
- Former Arsenal star advises Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang to leave the Gunners
- Everton and Liverpool Play Out a Goalless Snooze-fest at Goodison Park
- Valiant Villa Succumb to Chelsea’s Constant Pressure