The Olyroos were really up against it after a poor start to their Olympic campaign scrapping out a 1-1 draw with Serbia.
Argentina came out firing creating many chances through the magic of Messi and others getting 9 shots on target in the first half but failing to find the net.
The pattern of defence and only defence continued from the Serbia game with the Olyroos under pressure just booting the ball as far as they could up the field hoping for a major ounce of luck. Argentina were suprisingly not in front at half time which was about the only positive -the Olyroos could possibly muster a clean sheet.
The 2nd half began with Argentina looking for a goal shots came in thick and fast but still they could not find the net.
Australia continued the defensive pattern with the clean sheet only going to last a matter of time Argentina pounced in about the 75th minute after some poor defensive work it was a nice finish though.
Argentina completely controlled the match after this keeping the ball for most of the 20 minutes remaining with Australia getting some half chances hear and there.
The final score 1-0 Olyroos totally outclassed with Messi missing plenty of chances.
Once again the coverage was more than poor someone please do us a favour and get rid of Channel 7 hosting the football.
- Three things we learned from Manchester United’s win at Brighton & Hove Albion
- Barcelona midfielder Arthur signs five-year contract with Juventus
- Former Arsenal star advises Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang to leave the Gunners
- Everton and Liverpool Play Out a Goalless Snooze-fest at Goodison Park
- Valiant Villa Succumb to Chelsea’s Constant Pressure