In three competitive football matches, Romania have never managed to beat France, but they are looking to change that in today’s first Pool C game in the Group of Death at Euro 2008. In the last ten meetings of the side, Romania have won three, with one draw and the French winning the other six.
The only other European Championships finals match between the two was in England in 1966, when a Christophe Dugarry goal was enough for France to win 1-0.
The Romanian team for today’s game is:
Bogdan Lonut Lobont (GK)
Cosmin Marius Contra
Mirel Matei Radoi
Cristian Chivu (C)
Romania look set to line up in a 4-3-3 formation for kick-off
- Serie A clubs vote in favour of season restart by mid-June
- Premier League aiming for a restart in early June
- Manchester United to resist bids for highly-rated English goalkeeper: report
- Two Chelsea players who could head through the exit door this summer
- Arsenal become first Premier League side to confirm voluntary player pay-cuts