Sheffield United’s hopes of promotion have been boosted after it was announced that Kevin Blackwell will be handed a substantial transfer kitty by plc chairman Kevin McCabe.
Chairman McCabe earlier this week pledged to make up to Â£10m available, a majority of which has been earmarked for improving the first team squad.
If the plan is approved by United’s major shareholders, Blackwell will be handed the investment to strengthen his first team squad – but it is understood that the Blades chief will resist the temptation to make wholesale changes, preferring instead to concentrate on targeting specific individuals that will strengthen United’s chances of regaining top flight status.
- Serie A clubs vote in favour of season restart by mid-June
- Premier League aiming for a restart in early June
- Manchester United to resist bids for highly-rated English goalkeeper: report
- Two Chelsea players who could head through the exit door this summer
- Arsenal become first Premier League side to confirm voluntary player pay-cuts