Puma and Italy officially unveiled their home kit which will be used for the 2013 FIFA Confederations Cup. Italy’s captain Gianluigi Buffon and Andrea Pirlo presented the shirt at the nation’s training ground Coverciano. The new design ‘Azzurri’ shirt features a fluorescent blue colour with an Power graphic fades from bolt to light. The Italy kit will be first worn on the pitch against Brazil this week in Geneva, Switzerland.
The replica shirt is made of entirely 100% recycled polyester and features enhanced moisture management technology through the use of polyester and Cocona. Other features include the ‘Tricolore’ coloured cuffs reflecting the country’s national flag of green, red and white.
General Manger of Puma Volfango Bondi stated, “We are proud of our national team, also for their Confederations Cup qualification following their excellent performances in Poland and Ukraine last summer. To honour this achievement, we have created a new design for The Azzurri to wear in Brazil that conveys a strong feeling of national pride.”
- Serie A clubs vote in favour of season restart by mid-June
- Premier League aiming for a restart in early June
- Manchester United to resist bids for highly-rated English goalkeeper: report
- Two Chelsea players who could head through the exit door this summer
- Arsenal become first Premier League side to confirm voluntary player pay-cuts