Romania made a promising start to Euro 2008, with a 0-0 draw with France in Group C. The game itself was most likely the worst of the tournament so far, with a cagey opening from both teams, the game failed to burst into life and Romania restricted France to half chances, the best of which fell to Nicolas Anelka, who headed over Franck Riberys cross in the first half.
Romania’s best chance came from a Mutu freekick in the second half, he had been felled by Sagnol, but he couldn’t get his kick round the wall. The yellow shirts were well supported in the stands at the Letzigrund Stadion with vocal Romanian fans.
- Serie A clubs vote in favour of season restart by mid-June
- Premier League aiming for a restart in early June
- Manchester United to resist bids for highly-rated English goalkeeper: report
- Two Chelsea players who could head through the exit door this summer
- Arsenal become first Premier League side to confirm voluntary player pay-cuts