On-loan defender John Halls is likely to be the only change in United’s team when they travel to Preston at the weekend. Full back Halls, signed temporarily from Reading, is expected to play on the right of United’s back four in the absense of Derek Geary, who departed at Barnsley and is expected to be out for some time.
Manager Kevin Blackwell said: “There won’t be many changes, the lads know that. But I know with the strength in depth we have that if I need to make any changes then it won’t affect the quality of the team that I put out”.
Australian David Carney may not feature after representing his country late this week, so Stephen Quinn could return from a 3-match suspension he earned after being sent-off in the defeat to Charlton Athletic. Rob Hulse is expected to keep his place in the starting eleven after top-scorer James Beattie was warned that he may not neccessarily start every game that he is available for.
Probable team: Kenny, Halls, Morgan, Kilgallon, Naysmith, Cotterill, Tonge, Speed, Quinn, Sharp, Hulse.
- Serie A clubs vote in favour of season restart by mid-June
- Premier League aiming for a restart in early June
- Manchester United to resist bids for highly-rated English goalkeeper: report
- Two Chelsea players who could head through the exit door this summer
- Arsenal become first Premier League side to confirm voluntary player pay-cuts