Sheffield United have revealed details of their new home and away strip for next season.
Although no images of the new shirt have been released, the home shirt will be worn for the first time in Saturday’s game against Bristol City, and the away shirt will be revealed at half-time in the same game by United’s Under-18’s squad. The away shirt was chosen by the first team squad and will be black, and the home shirt was chosen by a fan, Ben Frost.
Ben is apparently a member of United fan forum www.unitedite.co.uk, and various mock-ups of what the new kits could look like have been posted – along with rumours surrounding the supplier. United have had a long-standing deal with Le Coq Sportif as their kit supplier, but some fans have suggested that Umbro could have taken over the deal – which would undoubtedly lead to a Sunderland-type shirt in the club’s famous red and white stripes.
James Beattie modelling United’s current home
shirt – will he wear their new one next season?
Forms offering supporters the chance to pre-order the kits will be placed on every seat for Saturday’s game. The away shirt will be available in the Blades Superstore from mid-June, with the home version available from the middle of July.
- Serie A clubs vote in favour of season restart by mid-June
- Premier League aiming for a restart in early June
- Manchester United to resist bids for highly-rated English goalkeeper: report
- Two Chelsea players who could head through the exit door this summer
- Arsenal become first Premier League side to confirm voluntary player pay-cuts