James Beattie has crowned his first season at Sheffield United by winning the SUFC Supporters Club Player of the Year award. Although unable to collect his award in person because of a large charity event, he was named the recipient of the award after his 22 goals to date helped United to 8th in the table.
Matt Kilgallon and Del Geary were named joint runners-up for the award, and Billy Sharp won the young player of the season award, also in his first season at Bramall Lane.
Beattie will be presented with his award before United’s last home match of the regular Championship season, though they hope that Beattie can help them stage one last game in the Play-Offs.
- Serie A clubs vote in favour of season restart by mid-June
- Premier League aiming for a restart in early June
- Manchester United to resist bids for highly-rated English goalkeeper: report
- Two Chelsea players who could head through the exit door this summer
- Arsenal become first Premier League side to confirm voluntary player pay-cuts