Geoff Horsfield is also reportedly on the verge of a move across the city to Sheffield Wednesday, and if the deal is completed no doubt the Horse will encounter the biggest lowering of standards since Naomi Campbell was sentenced to community service.
Geoff Horsfield: Realises the stench of the sty is too much for him.
On a similar note, our Sheffield derby against our porcine neighbours has been rearranged for Sunday, October 19 with an 1.15pm kick off at Hillsborough. The match will be screened live on Sky Sports.
Rumours that the switch occured to avoid clashes with Hillsborough Hog Day (www.hogdays.com) are as yet unfounded, but BlogsFC will bring you the word when it comes out – all press releases are on hold whilst Brian Laws is on holiday at Shavehead Lake. Wednesday’s press department did release a holiday snap of Laws to appease the media:
Laws‘ new streetwise style coud be a hit with the fans
- Serie A clubs vote in favour of season restart by mid-June
- Premier League aiming for a restart in early June
- Manchester United to resist bids for highly-rated English goalkeeper: report
- Two Chelsea players who could head through the exit door this summer
- Arsenal become first Premier League side to confirm voluntary player pay-cuts