Michal Listkiewicz the boss of the Polish Football Association (PZPN) has told reporters that the 23 man squad will share a jackpot of 3 million Euros if win the European Championships this summer. A huge amount seeing as the average monthly salary in Poland is just 700 euros. Poland are drawn in Group B of the tournament and face Germany in their opening game, then Austria and Croatia in the other group matches.
The final in on June 29th in Vienna, if they get far but lose, they will splitÂ 1.8 million euros, they will make money throughout the tournament based on performances with 400,000 euros for each group stage win and 200,000 euros per draw. Then a further 800,000 euros for a quarter-finals slot and 1.2 million euros for making it to the semifinals.
- Serie A clubs vote in favour of season restart by mid-June
- Premier League aiming for a restart in early June
- Manchester United to resist bids for highly-rated English goalkeeper: report
- Two Chelsea players who could head through the exit door this summer
- Arsenal become first Premier League side to confirm voluntary player pay-cuts