20 years after their formation, Ukraine look to deputise in the European Championship with style on the pitch & in their newly revealed attire. The joint-hosts have continued their country’s relatively short tradition in wearing yellow & blue.
This tournaments kits are inspired by Ukraine’s proud heritage & culture. Both kits are undoubtedly intended to highlight the pinnacle in The Sky Blues’ sporting history.
As well as using cutting edge technology in developing the kit, Adidas have also included several cultural elements most significantly on the banner. Surrounded by a cross stitched blue & yellow border, the country’s coat of arms is embroidered into the centralised band along with the similarly embroidered oak leaves. Moreover, with Ukraine’s rich tradition of sculpture, the border is intended to represent the ornaments of the country.
Adidas have also included striped shoulders & sleeves to represent the blue & yellow flag of the Ukraine. The Patriotic nature of the kit is then continued with the flag accompanying The Ukraine Football Federation’s logo.
Similar to all new kits the Sky Blue’s new strip isn’t without its mod-cons. The strip includes Adidas’s most innovative techniques including:
- TechFit™ Powerweb to prevent energy loss and give extra power to your moves. Thermopolyurathane strips contract and stretch together with the muscles, thus preserving energy while stretching and returning it while contracting. In this way the technology allows optimal spending of energy during the training by extending their duration.
- ClimaCool to remove surplus moisture from body surface. It maintains the optimal microclimate by ensuring maxim comfort to the athletes. The combination of fabrics, netting and ventilation holes guarantees perfect ventilation and maintains the necessary body temperature. As a result, it becomes easier for the footballers to cope with physical exercise.
- ForMotion™ – one of adidas main achievements in functional sports kit design. The essence of this technology lies in three-dimensional modeling and the use of flexible insertions ensuring maximum freedom and accuracy of movement for the athletes.
Whether these kits will be Ukraine’s Championship winning attire is still to be seen but who knows this is tournament football.
- Serie A clubs vote in favour of season restart by mid-June
- Premier League aiming for a restart in early June
- Manchester United to resist bids for highly-rated English goalkeeper: report
- Two Chelsea players who could head through the exit door this summer
- Arsenal become first Premier League side to confirm voluntary player pay-cuts