Recent reports suggest that Serie A and B players wanted to delay the start of this season’s Serie A by 30 minutes to register their displeasure at the Lega Pro for restricting the number of players in the Serie C. Players from the top division claim this decision from the Lega Pro or Serie C will render several players unemployed. To curb a situation like that happening to Italy all players in the Serie A and B wanted to embark on this action. However, they have called off this action and so the Serie A will kick off successfully on 31st of August as scheduled with the match between Sampdoria and Inter Milan likely to be played on Saturday, 29th of August.
- Serie A clubs vote in favour of season restart by mid-June
- Premier League aiming for a restart in early June
- Manchester United to resist bids for highly-rated English goalkeeper: report
- Two Chelsea players who could head through the exit door this summer
- Arsenal become first Premier League side to confirm voluntary player pay-cuts