Last night was Charlton’s annual pre-season outing at Park View Road in front of a crowd of 2200. I will give them the benefit of the doubt following the disappointing 1-1 draw as it was only the first competitive match of pre-season.
We wore our new home shirt (which I think is quite nice) with our new sponsor KRBS emblazoned across the front.
On a positive note there was plenty of youngsters playing last night which can only bode well for the future. Alex Stavrinou, Chris Solly, Tama Tuna, Jack Clark, Grant Basey, Yado Mambo, Scott Wagstaff and Jonjo Shelvey all played at various stages of the match with Wagstaff scoring Charlton’s goal and Mambo having one disallowed for offside.
Miguel Llera made his debut at the back for us and looked pretty solid and trialist Manuel Fernandez Truy looked lively when he came on after half time.
In all we had the better of the play and should have won the match, but we need a couple more games before we can make a proper judgement as to whether this squad will be good enough to mount a serious challenge for promotion in League One this season.
For the full match report log onto http://cafc.co.uk
- Three things we learned from Manchester United’s win at Brighton & Hove Albion
- Barcelona midfielder Arthur signs five-year contract with Juventus
- Former Arsenal star advises Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang to leave the Gunners
- Everton and Liverpool Play Out a Goalless Snooze-fest at Goodison Park
- Valiant Villa Succumb to Chelsea’s Constant Pressure