Chinese international midfielder Zheng Zhi today left Charlton Athletic after turning down the clubs offer of a new contract. Unfortunately Zheng wanted to play at a higher level in football and due to our relegation to Coca Cola League One we were never going to be able to offer him that.
Since joining in 2006 Zheng played 70 matches and scored 11 goals and in my opinion only played well when it suited him which was far to infrequently!
Unfortunately he was injured a lot last season and I don’t see the club wanting to risk such high wages on someone who may not play a whole season.
For more information and the full story see http://www.cafc.co.uk/
- Three things we learned from Manchester United’s win at Brighton & Hove Albion
- Barcelona midfielder Arthur signs five-year contract with Juventus
- Former Arsenal star advises Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang to leave the Gunners
- Everton and Liverpool Play Out a Goalless Snooze-fest at Goodison Park
- Valiant Villa Succumb to Chelsea’s Constant Pressure