Asian qualifiers Australia have revealed their new home shirtthat they will wear initially throughout the group stages of the 2010 World Cup.
The team qualified comfortably for the 2010 tournament after finishing top of their five team qualification group. Progressing to the World Cup has become a much easier obstable for the Australian national team ever since they moved to the Asian confederation. When they finished top of the Oceanic region, they then had to face the team who finished 5th in the South American section in a two legged play off to decide who advanced. With Germany, Serbia and Ghana in their group, the Aussies will have to be on top form to progress to the knock out stages.
The new Australia 2010 World Cup home shirt is predominately yellow with a single horizontal white stripe across the chest and a green base on the sleeves and shoulders. Manufacturers Nike place their green “tick” logo in the middle right of the shirt whilst the national badge is situated opposite in the top left. Other details include a small yellow patch on the edge of each sleeve and a green V neck collar.
- The best young kids expected to feature in the Premier League this weekend
- Report: Hakim Ziyech describes Chelsea winger as ‘crazy’ ahead of Chelsea clash with Manchester United
- Edouard Mendy usurps Kepa Arrizabalaga as Chelsea first-choice goalkeeper, Lampard confirms
- Carlo Ancelotti calls Virgil van Dijk’s foul on James Rodriguez ‘mistimed’ ahead of Everton clash with Southampton
- Zinedine Zidane ‘remain positive’ ahead of El Clasico despite 3-2 defeat to Shakhtar Donetsk in the Champions League