Euro 2004 runners up Portugal have unveiled their new 2010 home shirt that they will wear at the World Cup in June at South Africa.
The team had a rocky qualification campaign which only saw them narrowly qualify for the tournament in June. After being 4th for most of the campaign, Portugal made a late burst that saw them overtake Sweden and Hungary to grab 2nd place. They were then pitted against Bosnia and Herzegovina in a two legged Play Off which they won comfortably. At the World Cup draw, they were placed in what was dubbed the “group of death” after being drawn against Brazil, Ivory Coast and North Korea.
The new Portugal 2010 home shirt is predominately red with a horizontal green patch on the edges of both sleeves. Manufacturers Nike place their white “tick” logo in the top right of the shirt whilst the national badge is situated opposite in the top left. A large green horizontal band runs across the top of the chest overlapping the Nike “tick” and badge. This band has thin red dots scattered throughout to give a hint of the base colour.
- The best young kids expected to feature in the Premier League this weekend
- Report: Hakim Ziyech describes Chelsea winger as ‘crazy’ ahead of Chelsea clash with Manchester United
- Edouard Mendy usurps Kepa Arrizabalaga as Chelsea first-choice goalkeeper, Lampard confirms
- Carlo Ancelotti calls Virgil van Dijk’s foul on James Rodriguez ‘mistimed’ ahead of Everton clash with Southampton
- Zinedine Zidane ‘remain positive’ ahead of El Clasico despite 3-2 defeat to Shakhtar Donetsk in the Champions League