New Hearts boss Laszlo Csaba has said in an interview on the official Hearts website that he would like to keep players such as club captain Christophe Berra and winger Andy Driver, who have both been subject to bids from English Championship sides.
“It is most important to keep players like Christophe Berra and Andrew Driver,” said Laszlo. “They have quality. But there is time to develop them and I can give them the right direction. It can be easy for a lot of players to smile at money and go to a new club but they shouldn’t believe life is so easy.
“The players can develop here, play good games and gain confidence and grow more.
“After some years maybe they can then choose bigger clubs. But my intention is to keep these players.”
Berra has been on Wolves’ radar while Driver has caught the eye of Burnley boss Owen Coyle. Although Laszlo would like to keep his best players at Tynecastle, every player at the club has their price and if Romanov’s valuation is met then I feel there will be little that Laszlo can do.
- The best young kids expected to feature in the Premier League this weekend
- Report: Hakim Ziyech describes Chelsea winger as ‘crazy’ ahead of Chelsea clash with Manchester United
- Edouard Mendy usurps Kepa Arrizabalaga as Chelsea first-choice goalkeeper, Lampard confirms
- Carlo Ancelotti calls Virgil van Dijk’s foul on James Rodriguez ‘mistimed’ ahead of Everton clash with Southampton
- Zinedine Zidane ‘remain positive’ ahead of El Clasico despite 3-2 defeat to Shakhtar Donetsk in the Champions League