The second out of three preparation friendlies against South American sides, ahead of France’s kickoff to the Austria/Switzerland adventure, has ended in a 0-0 deadlock. It was considered a difficult match against the Paraguayans, but one which the French team should have won by a goal or two.
Credit goes to the defence of Paraguay which kept world-class players like Benzema, Henry and Ribery from scoring, and denied newcomer Bafetimbi Gomis the chance to add to his 2-goal tally for the national team. Govou hit the post six minutes from time, and it was clear that the contest would end with no goals. The next match will be against Colombia, which will be the last opportunity for Domenech to analyse the talent that he has available.
- Three games to watch out for in Matchday 3 of the Premier League
- Borussia Dortmund gives final verdict over Manchester United target
- Three talking points after Bayern Munich win the UEFA Super Cup
- Opinion: Luis Suarez to Metropolitano Stadium could be a perfect deal for Atletico Madrid but fatal for Barcelona
- The 5 Craziest Football Matches