After the shock 2-0 loss to West Ham last week and the dominant performance of the 16 year old West Ham midfielder, Reece Oxford, Arsene Wenger has seen what a dominant defensive midfielder can do in the premier league.
Without a true defensive midfielder that is starting quality in the premier league Arsene Wenger has set his sights on Sevilla star Grzegorz Krychowiak. The 25 year old Midfielder still has his best days to come and this is what has Wnneger excited. His dominant performances in the La Liga has shown the world what can be expected from him for many more years.
Wenger’s interest is also increased by his buy-out clause of 21 million pounds which is quite low in today’s bloated market. If this transfer goes through the only risk is that Grzegorz Krychowiak does not have any premier league experience. This is a risk worth taking as he will cost 4 million pounds less than Manchester United payed for Morgan Schneiderlin even though Krychowiak has been more dominant.
If Wenger decides not to pursue Grzegorz Krychowiak other options can include William Carvalho, Gianelli Imbula or Cristoph Kramer who will fill the same hole in Arsenal’s plan to win the league.
- Southgate hits back at Mourinho over England Captain Harry Kane
- Pep Guardiola hails ‘fantastic’ Raheem Sterling for scoring two goals against Burnley
- Fabrizio Romano: Borussia Dortmund reject latest bid from Manchester United for Jadon Sacho
- Key talking points from Liverpool’s Premier League win over Arsenal
- Opinion: West Brom 3-3 Chelsea | How Frank Lampard got it wrong from the start