Aston Villa welcome Wigan to Villa Park this afternoon with both sides still requiring points on the board.
Wigan are all but safe but a point here should ease nerves ahead of a visit from champions elect, Manchester United.
Villa would go above Everton on goal difference with a victory and a victory is a must if they are serious about qualifying automatically for the Uefa Cup next season.
Villa Park will be saying farewell to Olof Mellberg today before he departs for Juventus after Euro 2008 and also this game could be Gareth Barry’s last in a Villa shirt at Villa Park.
Villa name an unchanged side from last week’s draw at Everton.
Wigan have Heskey fit to partner Bent in attack.
Odds (best priced) : Villa: 4/7, Wigan: 6/1, Draw: 29/10
Prediction: Aston Villa 2-1 Wigan Athletic
- Key talking points from Liverpool’s Premier League win over Arsenal
- Opinion: West Brom 3-3 Chelsea | How Frank Lampard got it wrong from the start
- Three games to watch out for in Matchday 3 of the Premier League
- Borussia Dortmund gives final verdict over Manchester United target
- Three talking points after Bayern Munich win the UEFA Super Cup