Aston Villa welcome Wigan to Villa Park this afternoon with both sides still requiring points on the board.
Wigan are all but safe but a point here should ease nerves ahead of a visit from champions elect, Manchester United.
Villa would go above Everton on goal difference with a victory and a victory is a must if they are serious about qualifying automatically for the Uefa Cup next season.
Villa Park will be saying farewell to Olof Mellberg today before he departs for Juventus after Euro 2008 and also this game could be Gareth Barry’s last in a Villa shirt at Villa Park.
Villa name an unchanged side from last week’s draw at Everton.
Wigan have Heskey fit to partner Bent in attack.
Odds (best priced) : Villa: 4/7, Wigan: 6/1, Draw: 29/10
Prediction: Aston Villa 2-1 Wigan Athletic
- Report: Manchester United and Liverpool holding talks to join new European Premier League
- Champions League round-up: Manchester United defeat PSG, Lionel Messi sets new record as Barcelona hits five
- Mesut Ozil excluded from Arsenal’s 25-man Premier League squad
- ‘I’m so responsible’ – Pep Guardiola takes the blame for Manchester City’s European woes
- Frank Lampard turns to stats to defend his backline ahead of Champions League clash with Sevilla