21-year-old Lyon wonderkid Hatem Ben Arfa has revealed that there have been discussions about a summer move to Arsenal. He stated his desire to play regular first-team football, either at his present club Lyon, or wherever he may go this summer.
Speculation regarding his future may, although not necessarily, deviate the youngster’s attention from the games ahead. Ben Arfa features heavily for Lyon, which still have the last Ligue 1 matchday and French Cup Final to play. Constant speculation may even affect his confidence for the French national squad ahead of the European Championships. It is thus important to carry out negotiations quickly and prudently, without having damaging effects to the player.
“It is true that we have spoken about Arsenal, but we will see how it is going to happen. If I stay at Lyon, it is to play. Wherever I go, it will be to play.”
“The season is not over yet, two games are remaining. Today I am at Lyon. We will see what tomorrow is made of. I try to give my maximum and to give everything when I am on the pitch.” – Hatem Ben Arfa
- The Comeback Kid – John Stones Plays His Way Back Into Manchester City’s Future
- Wayne Rooney – We Will Always Remember The Name
- Newcastle United offered the chance to sign 23-year-old Leicester City midfielder
- Crystal Palace battling three other clubs for signing talented Turkey international
- From Causes For Concern To Title Contenders – Manchester United Now Level On Points With League Leaders Liverpool