In spite of impressing football viewers with his good debut performance against Derby Country on the 29th matchday, Foster is not getting carried away by the fact that heâ€™s currently Number 1 keeper for Man Utd. Foster understands that he cannot yet overtake fellow goalkeepers van der Sar and Kuszczak, as he has only been back from injury for two weeks. Foster has said this would be unfair on the other goalkeepers. Kuszczak has been waiting in the shadow of van der Sar for nearly all season to get his chance to impress, so it is understandable that he would feel annoyed if Foster were to overtake him. There are already rumours circulating that Kuszczak would ask for a transfer if this were to happen.
Foster said â€œIf I was Edwin van der Sar or Tomasz Kuszczak and I was being kept out of the team I’d be very disappointed.â€ Foster did not exclude the possibility of spending some more time away from Man Utd on loan this season, in order to gain more match practise. Ben said that he would be willing to compete with the other two goalkeepers for the first-team slot next season.
- Three talking points after Bayern Munich win the UEFA Super Cup
- Opinion: Luis Suarez to Metropolitano Stadium could be a perfect deal for Atletico Madrid but fatal for Barcelona
- The 5 Craziest Football Matches
- Chelsea 0-2 Liverpool – Three talking points from the Premier League clash
- Three games to watch out for in Matchday 2 of the Premier League