Kevin Blackwell has expressed his ‘delight’ at the signing of Darius Henderson from Watford, who joins Sheffield United in a Â£2m deal.
“This is a terrific deal and Darius is the right player for the Blades, he fits the bill in every way. He is a hard worker, strong, takes knocks, never moans and that is what Sheffield United fans expect,” Blackwell told the club’s official website.
Blackwell: ‘Delighted’ to capture Henderson
“Darius isn’t a big lump who sits up there who you smash the ball up to, he has the ability to hold ball up in the last third and get people running off him, which is what I want.”
Henderson’s signing will also provide competition for James Beattie as the club’s number one striker. Beattie is expected to miss the first game of the Championship season, away to Birmingham City, with the calf complaint that has kept him out of the club’s pre-season preperations.
- 2020/21 UEFA Champions League: Teams, Groups, Fixtures and all you need to know
- Southgate hits back at Mourinho over England Captain Harry Kane
- Pep Guardiola hails ‘fantastic’ Raheem Sterling for scoring two goals against Burnley
- Fabrizio Romano: Borussia Dortmund reject latest bid from Manchester United for Jadon Sacho
- Key talking points from Liverpool’s Premier League win over Arsenal