Kevin Blackwell has expressed his ‘delight’ at the signing of Darius Henderson from Watford, who joins Sheffield United in a Â£2m deal.
“This is a terrific deal and Darius is the right player for the Blades, he fits the bill in every way. He is a hard worker, strong, takes knocks, never moans and that is what Sheffield United fans expect,” Blackwell told the club’s official website.
Blackwell: ‘Delighted’ to capture Henderson
“Darius isn’t a big lump who sits up there who you smash the ball up to, he has the ability to hold ball up in the last third and get people running off him, which is what I want.”
Henderson’s signing will also provide competition for James Beattie as the club’s number one striker. Beattie is expected to miss the first game of the Championship season, away to Birmingham City, with the calf complaint that has kept him out of the club’s pre-season preperations.
- Ryan Giggs warns ‘it could be 15, 20 years’ before Manchester United win their next Premier League title
- Confirmed West Ham team news to face Liverpool on Saturday
- Joe Hart opens up on why he joined Tottenham while and the role of Jose Mourinho
- Confirmed Chelsea team list to face Krasnodar in the Champions League
- What the new Football Leadership Diversity Code means for English clubs