Tunisia face group leaders Gabon in their second group match in Lubango on Sunday. The Carthage Eagles will look to contain their opponents who will be confident following their victory over Cameroon.
History suggests that Tunisia will avoid defeat as they are unbeaten against Gabon in previous fixtures but given recent form this will be a close match.
The Eagles will be hoping that they can keep their points advantage over Cameroon by taking all three points in Lubango but they will need to perform much better than they did in their first game. Tunisia struggled to find their form against Zambia and in truth were lucky to get a point thanks to Zouheir Dhaoudi’s strike.
Tunisia have a major doubt over Esperance midfielder Oussama Darragi. The playmaker was substituted after an hour in the 1-1 draw against Zambia and it was later revealed that he suffered both an ankle sprain and tendinitis in his Achilles tendon and he is very unlikely to feature in this game.
Despite having a tough match ahead of them and a final match against Cameroon Faouzi Benzarti is still positive about his side’s chances of progression from the group.
“All the teams in Africa are strong,” he said.
“The differences between the teams are minor and the results so far reflect that.
“But there is no problem and we will progress from here.”
- Confirmed West Ham team news to face Liverpool on Saturday
- Joe Hart opens up on why he joined Tottenham while and the role of Jose Mourinho
- Confirmed Chelsea team list to face Krasnodar in the Champions League
- What the new Football Leadership Diversity Code means for English clubs
- Jose Mourinho has revealed the difference between this Tottenham team and his La Liga winning Real Madrid side