It has been a thrilling campaign. Some teams have laughed, others have cried. Unlike most precedent seasons, the 2007/08 campaign is not yet decided as we head into the final week of the season. Just one match is left. All eyes will be on Man Utd and Chelsea, as the two English giants have equal points, and will decide the destiny of the Premier League trophy at the JJB Stadium or Stamford Bridge respectively.
Both matches will be played at the same time, Sunday at 16:00 (CET). Most TV stations have gained the right to switch between the two games rather than show a single match. A win for the Red Devils will hand Man Utd the trophy for another year. However, anything but a win for Man Utd gives Chelsea the chance to wow all football spectators by winning the league on the final day. If, God forbid, Chelsea do win the title, one can imagine what the Russian billionaire would give to Avram Grant as a reward!
A small problem has risen for the Premier League. Normally, the trophy is handed to the winning club on the final matchday, but this year there are two potential winners. It has been rumoured that a fake version of the trophy will be at Stamford Bridge in case Chelsea win the title, while the original version will be at the JJB where Man Utd are the clear favourites to finish on top. Come on United!!!!!!!!!!
- Report: Hakim Ziyech describes Chelsea winger as ‘crazy’ ahead of Chelsea clash with Manchester United
- Edouard Mendy usurps Kepa Arrizabalaga as Chelsea first-choice goalkeeper, Lampard confirms
- Carlo Ancelotti calls Virgil van Dijk’s foul on James Rodriguez ‘mistimed’ ahead of Everton clash with Southampton
- Zinedine Zidane ‘remain positive’ ahead of El Clasico despite 3-2 defeat to Shakhtar Donetsk in the Champions League
- Champions League round-up: Liverpool and Manchester City win as Real Madrid lose at home