Crystal Palace are reportedly close to signing Joachim Andersen who is currently on the books of Lyon.
According to Sky Sports, the Eagles are currently in discussion with the French side for securing the signature of the 25-year-old.
It is said that the two clubs are confident of reaching an agreement with each other, while personal terms for the Denmark international are not expected to be a problem.
The talented centre-back spent the 2020-21 season on loan at Fulham.
He was impressive for the Cottagers last campaign that ultimately saw the west London side suffer relegation to the Championship.
Andersen was also part of Denmark’s squad at the European Championship, earning three substitute appearances for Kasper Hjulmand’s side in the matches against Wales, Czech Republic and England.
His performances have reportedly sparked interest from several clubs, including Tottenham Hotspur.
However, the 25-year-old is said to be more likely to move to Selhurst Park this summer.
Crystal Palace finished 14th in the league table last season, securing 44 points from 38 total matches.
They will be aiming to do better in the top-flight this campaign under new boss Patrick Vieira who has the experience of managing New York City and Nice.
The Eagles will receive a boost if they managed to sign Andersen this transfer window.
- Suriname’s vice president sets record for oldest player to feature in international club compe…
- Angers and Marseille play out bleak 0-0 draw
- Marseille rise to second in Ligue 1 with 2-0 win over Rennes
- Tactical Analysis: Tottenham Hotspur’s positive defensive approach against Chelsea
- Morning Mix: Newcastle fans’ anger is justified, Guardiola comments were brainless
- 2021/22 Premier League Matchday 5: Preview & Predictions
- 10-man Lokomotiv Moscow snatch late point against Marseille
- Europa League 2021: Matchday 1 Predictions
- Champions League Preview: Liverpool vs AC Milan
- The 2021/22 Football Betting Guide