Â Southampton defender Andrew Davies looks set to join Stoke as he was at the club having a medical today. The 23 year old will beÂ City’s sixthÂ signing of the summer, following Dave Kitson, Seyi Olofinjana, Thomas Sorensen, Amdy Faye and Abdoulaye Faye, joining for a fee of around Â£1.3 million.
Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â Â
Â Southampton boss Jan Poortvliet seemed resigned to losing many of the clubs better players because of their financial instability saying;
Â ”Andrew Davies is one of the highest earners at the club and we’ve made no secret of the financial pressures that have been placed on us by the bank.”
Tony Pulis, commenting in the 23 year old, who joined Southampton from Middlesbrough less than a year ago, and has been capped once by England at Under 21 level said;
Â ”He’s a good young player who’s got some ability and some experience in the premier League.”
Â I expect the deal to be completed tomorrow. Giving Stoke’s defensive woes against Bolton on Saturday, some new defensive blood in desperately needed. Davies is young and very highly rated at Southampton so at Â£1.3 million he seems like a good signing. He will potentially join new signing Abdoulaye Faye in making his debut at home to Aston Villa this coming Saturday.
- Premier League preview: Liverpool vs Fulham
- ‘Need to move heaven and earth to get them’: Rio Ferdinand names two players Manchester United must sign
- From Flirting With Relegation To Flirting With Europe – What A Seven Months It’s Been For Aston Villa
- ‘National League in turmoil’: but who really cares?
- Tottenham looking to replace Jose Mourinho with RB Leipzig’s Julian Naglesmann