After Frank Lampard’s decision to continue his career in Inter, Chelsea was left without their best playmaker. Adequate replacement comes from Barcelona in figure of Deco.
Portuguese midfielder Deco will after four seasons spent at Camp Nou move to Stamford Bridge. Everything is already done, and sign on the contract is expected to be put in next few days.
Josep Guardiola has, right after he was chosen for the coach, announced to the Portuguese that he can start searching for the new club because he won’t be counting on him for next season. Deco has already had some disagreement with the club leaders last season. Txiki Begiristain, ex player and sport director of Barcelona wasn’t satisfied with his physical prepareness and he also esteemed that a player like Deco is no longer needed in club. That’s why Deco went to London where he will be trained by Luis Filipe Scolari, ex coach of the Portuguese national team.
- Michael Essien: Thomas Partey is ‘a very complete midfielder’ Arsenal have needed for a long time
- Ryan Giggs warns ‘it could be 15, 20 years’ before Manchester United win their next Premier League title
- Confirmed West Ham team news to face Liverpool on Saturday
- Joe Hart opens up on why he joined Tottenham while and the role of Jose Mourinho
- Confirmed Chelsea team list to face Krasnodar in the Champions League