Twenty-year-old English winger Andrew Driver wants away from Hearts, according to the Daily Mirror. The entire article consists of:
“Burnley midfield target Andy Driver is ready to ask SPL side Hearts for a transfer to set up a return move to England.”
With no quotes or, for that matter, any other information, for example the reasons as to why he wants to leave; it is hard to know if there is anything in this story. Driver, a product of the Hearts youth academy, has established himself as a first team regular until he was hit by a series of injuries during the second half of last season.
It is believed that both Plymouth and Burnley are interested in the player. It was reported a few weeks ago that Burnley had an offer rejected, thought to be in the region of £500,000. While Hearts would like to hold on to the youngster, they are still a selling club and, with the level of debt, would find it difficult to sell if they are offered the right price.
- The best young kids expected to feature in the Premier League this weekend
- Report: Hakim Ziyech describes Chelsea winger as ‘crazy’ ahead of Chelsea clash with Manchester United
- Edouard Mendy usurps Kepa Arrizabalaga as Chelsea first-choice goalkeeper, Lampard confirms
- Carlo Ancelotti calls Virgil van Dijk’s foul on James Rodriguez ‘mistimed’ ahead of Everton clash with Southampton
- Zinedine Zidane ‘remain positive’ ahead of El Clasico despite 3-2 defeat to Shakhtar Donetsk in the Champions League