Twenty-year-old English winger Andrew Driver wants away from Hearts, according to the Daily Mirror. The entire article consists of:
“Burnley midfield target Andy Driver is ready to ask SPL side Hearts for a transfer to set up a return move to England.”
With no quotes or, for that matter, any other information, for example the reasons as to why he wants to leave; it is hard to know if there is anything in this story. Driver, a product of the Hearts youth academy, has established himself as a first team regular until he was hit by a series of injuries during the second half of last season.
It is believed that both Plymouth and Burnley are interested in the player. It was reported a few weeks ago that Burnley had an offer rejected, thought to be in the region of £500,000. While Hearts would like to hold on to the youngster, they are still a selling club and, with the level of debt, would find it difficult to sell if they are offered the right price.
- ‘National League in turmoil’: but who really cares?
- Tottenham looking to replace Jose Mourinho with RB Leipzig’s Julian Naglesmann
- Ademola Lookman – The Brght Spark Keeping Fulham’s Season Alive
- Would a trophy justify Tottenham’s poor style of play under Jose Mourinho?
- Twitter refuses to change ID policy as football’s racism battle continues: But should Social Media companies be doing more to stop it?