28-year old central defender Julien Escude has suffered a recurrence of a groin injury. He is very likely to miss the European Championships 2008, as he will not have enough time to recover from the injury. Domenech will not be ready to risk him in the case that he make a speedy recovery, due to the persistent problem that has long plagued the defender this season.
Escude made his French debut back in October 2006 against the Faroe Islands. Currently, Julien plays for Spanish La Liga club Sevilla. He suffered the injury against Valladolid on the 4th May. He will therefore not add any more caps this summer to his present 6 caps.
- The Comeback Kid – John Stones Plays His Way Back Into Manchester City’s Future
- Wayne Rooney – We Will Always Remember The Name
- Newcastle United offered the chance to sign 23-year-old Leicester City midfielder
- Crystal Palace battling three other clubs for signing talented Turkey international
- From Causes For Concern To Title Contenders – Manchester United Now Level On Points With League Leaders Liverpool