Kevin Blackwell has continued his summer transfer activity by sanctioning the departure of Luton Shelton to Norwegian side Valerenga.
The speedy Jamaican has moved for an initial Â£1million fee, which could increase if his spell in Norway is successful.
“Luton wasn’t exactly what I was looking for, he was a bit of a maverick,” Blackwell told sufc.co.uk. “This opportunity arose for him to play regularly, and is just what he needs at this stage of his career.”
Shelton scored four times for United after his Â£1.85m move from Helsingborgs.
Meanwhile, Blackwell is expected to step up his efforts to bring David Cotterill to Bramall Lane.
The Welshman spent a highly successful on loan at Bramall Lane last season, and has expressed a desire to return. The major stumbling block appears to be the price – Wigan Athletic want to recoup the Â£2m they paid to BristolÂ City, but United are understood to only have offered half of The Latics’ valuation of the winger.
- Jose Mourinho has revealed the difference between this Tottenham team and his La Liga winning Real Madrid side
- Wayne Rooney: Everton striker Dominic Calvert-Lewin deserves an international call-up before Chelsea’s Tammy Abraham
- The best young kids expected to feature in the Premier League this weekend
- Report: Hakim Ziyech describes Chelsea winger as ‘crazy’ ahead of Chelsea clash with Manchester United
- Edouard Mendy usurps Kepa Arrizabalaga as Chelsea first-choice goalkeeper, Lampard confirms