Choosing not to pre-release their new kits until the actual African Cup of Nations fixtures may seem strange but at least it provided a little bit of excitement before the drab draw against Tunisia.
Although Gabon have opted to continue their relationship with Airness, the Parisian based sportswear company the design is a little different from their qualifying attire.
Where-as before the home shirt was mainly yellow and blue now it is yellow with green flashes at the stomach and the Gabonese national flag incorporated across the chest. Again the national crest is placed at the heart, airness symbol in the middle and team number on the right and side. The shorts and socks will continue to be blue.
The national goalkeeper, Didier Ovono Ebang shall sport an all grey kit with the same basic design as his team-mates shirts but with long sleeves.
Gabon have been seeded as the home team in their next game versus Zambia but may choose to play in their “lucky” away kit given their performance today.
- ‘Need to move heaven and earth to get them’: Rio Ferdinand names two players Manchester United must sign
- From Flirting With Relegation To Flirting With Europe – What A Seven Months It’s Been For Aston Villa
- ‘National League in turmoil’: but who really cares?
- Tottenham looking to replace Jose Mourinho with RB Leipzig’s Julian Naglesmann
- Ademola Lookman – The Brght Spark Keeping Fulham’s Season Alive