After six games, Germany is on top of Group 4 of the European World Cup Qualifiers. They currently sit on first place, 4 points ahead of second placed Russia and having a goal difference of 14 (18 GF 4 GA)
The team has been playing completely different football since the 2006 World Cup which they hosted. With 4 more matches to go and top scorer Lucas Podolski (4 GF) on top form Germany, there is no doubt Germany will proceed to the next round.
The 2010 World Cup squad is likely to be made up of the likes of Michael Ballack, Lucas Podolski, Phillip Lahm and many other renowned players.
Surprisingly, Coach Joachim Low has ruled out the possibility of Jens Lehmann being goalkeeper for Germany in the 2010 World Cup campaign.
“There is no question with Jens Lehmann,” Low told the Frankfurter Allgemeinen Zeitung.
“No member of the Germany backroom staff ever has said we want him back.
“Calling him up again would be the wrong message. We have four keepers in mind: Adler, Enke, Wiese and Neuer.”
- From Flirting With Relegation To Flirting With Europe – What A Seven Months It’s Been For Aston Villa
- ‘National League in turmoil’: but who really cares?
- Tottenham looking to replace Jose Mourinho with RB Leipzig’s Julian Naglesmann
- Ademola Lookman – The Brght Spark Keeping Fulham’s Season Alive
- Would a trophy justify Tottenham’s poor style of play under Jose Mourinho?