It seems like years of speculation since Cristiano Ronaldo was first linked with Real Madrid, but now it finally looks like he could be on his way out of Old Trafford.
Is this the right decision for Manchester United Football Club?
Yes I think Fergie has got this one right.
Ronaldo carried the team to the 2007/08 Premier League and to the 2008 Champions League final, but this season Ferguson has much more of a team playing and he can afford to ditch Ronaldo, who if forced to stay would just kick up more of a fuss.
Ferguson is a shrewd investor in the transfer market and can probably get five or more very decent players instead of keeping Ronaldo. Yes Real Madrid get Ronaldo to join Kaka at the Bernabau but how often does a team of super stars jell together? Has it really worked for Real in the past? I can’t see them pulling off the Galacticos II just right yet.
Any player that has fallen with Alex Ferguson hasn’t lasted long in Manchester once he has lined up replacements or feels he can do with out them. See Paul Ince, David Beckham and Rudd Van Nistelrooy as previous examples, now you can add Ronaldo to the list.
- Three games to watch out for in Matchday 3 of the Premier League
- Borussia Dortmund gives final verdict over Manchester United target
- Three talking points after Bayern Munich win the UEFA Super Cup
- Opinion: Luis Suarez to Metropolitano Stadium could be a perfect deal for Atletico Madrid but fatal for Barcelona
- The 5 Craziest Football Matches