Two weeks ago Sir Alex Ferguson said that Manchester United was not going to make any more transfers until January. Through out the summer transfer window the only named signings for Manchester United were Michael Owen and Antonio Valencia. Karim Benzema signed his deal with Real Madrid however; a deal to bring French Winger Franck Ribery to the Santiago Bernabeau fell through due to the supposed arrogance of Real Madrid. The papers are full of speculation of either Ribery or Silva taking up residence at Old Trafford. There is even talk of David Beckham making a return to the theatre of dreams.
Lets remeber that the gaffer says the window has shut. Sir Alex still refuses to pay the markets inflated prices. The pre season matches show us that the Red Devils aren’t hurting as bad as one could have imagined with the loss of Cristiano Ronaldo & Carlos Tevez. Manchester United, up to this point, have managed to make it through the preseason relatively unscathed. The predictors of gloom and doom have been wrong up to this point, and now everyone in the EPL is saying that the Red Devils will be the most challenging opponents this season. Sir Alex will probably be able to get quality signings for a fair price in January. Real Madrid should be settled at that point and not trying to by everyone in the Premier League (including the grounds keepers); well, we will know in a couple of months. Here is to another good season; Here is to the Champions.
- Wayne Rooney: Everton striker Dominic Calvert-Lewin deserves an international call-up before Chelsea’s Tammy Abraham
- The best young kids expected to feature in the Premier League this weekend
- Report: Hakim Ziyech describes Chelsea winger as ‘crazy’ ahead of Chelsea clash with Manchester United
- Edouard Mendy usurps Kepa Arrizabalaga as Chelsea first-choice goalkeeper, Lampard confirms
- Carlo Ancelotti calls Virgil van Dijk’s foul on James Rodriguez ‘mistimed’ ahead of Everton clash with Southampton